Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Final Countdown

With 8 games the go, the Mets are limping home, 1/2 game out of first and 2 1/2 games in front of the Brewers for the Wild Card spot. If any team could find a way to fail to make the playoffs from this point on, it is the bullpen-free Mets. But as a life-long fan, I am torn between feeling that they will blow it, and hoping that they can get in. Much like life, I expect defeat and hope for salvation. :)

I passed through New York but was unable to get to a game. But I was thrilled to catch a little bit of a live Mets game from my hotel room in New York. David Wright cracked a massive home run in a Sunday game that the Mets bullpen (Ayala this time) went on to lose to the Braves. Still, I was glad for the chance to watch a little before my five year old daughter insisted that I change to the Cartoon Network.

She's cruel, but hopefully she will not grow up to be a Yankees fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment