Thursday, September 25, 2008

...and the aftermath

After making my prediction that the Mets would win no more than one out of the last five games, I turned to Gameday to see that Delgado had just cracked a grand slam, and the Mets were winning 5-1 after 4. It looked good for the Mets but bad for my prediction.

"Now wait a minute," I reminded myself, "this is the 2008 Mets we're talking about here. This game is far from won." And the Mets obliged by losing it in 10 innings, even though they had the bases loaded and one out in the bottom of the ninth.

The Phillies lost, so the Mets are still 1 1/2 games out of first, but the bad news is the Brewers won again, so they are tied for the Wild Card spot.

Metstradamus says the season is over, and it's hard to disagree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment